2/08/2008

Amie DICKE: Sensual Sadness


JLo wetT (2003) • Cutout, ink on poster paper
• unframed size ± 39x 27 inches (98 x 68 cm) • Amie Dicke

While looking at the Unmonumental exhibit information, I discovered the work of Dutch artist Amie DICKE. She isn't exactly a collage artist. She is doing the reverse almost, by taking magazine photos and snipping away vast portions of the image. The result is a flowing piece, with smooth flowing lines reminiscent of art nouveau. The contrast between the background white of the paper and the new shapes that Amie brings out is really innovative. I like these...

LOVE ME CALVIN KLEIN, 2004, CUTOUT, INK ON MAGAZINE PAPER, 41 X 58 CM • Amie Dicke
The piece "Love me Calvin Klein" spilling across the centerfold like that creates some really nice lines. This is one of my faves.

1 comment:

Dove said...

omg, amazing, that image definitely moves me in this moment. Beautiful.


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.